Education and Training
MRP education and training come in several forms. They include:
- Senior level education and MRP overview.
- Detailed education and training for your MRP coordinator (the teacher)
- MRP philosophy for the mid managers
- Basic understanding of MRP system for the end user
- Project management training for new implementation or "re-implementation".
- Department specific fundamental training. (i.e. Purchasing, Receiving, etc)
- User or operator training for detailed MRP operations. (MRP explosion process)
- Performance Monitoring (Setting goals and monitoring results. - i.e. Inventory level and turns, stock record accuracy, on-time delivery, BOM's)
- Reports and what is available.
- Database overview.
In general, MRP systems are usually far ahead of the education and training of the people who are assigned to install and use them. In fact, there can be so many problems with the installation that people even question if the tool would work for the average company.
We recommend a Phase 1 audit of the requirements to generate an MRP "state of the union" and establish a baseline for this worthwhile project. Click here for additional audit detail. After download please click "Enable Editing" to view in normal mode.
We have the following off-the-shelf training programs ready for presentation:
- Engineering (Entering parts, BOM's, Routings, etc.)
- Warranty Tracking
- Inventory Control, Reducing your Inventory
- Purchasing Control
- Shop Floor Control and Routings
- Physical Inventory process
- Configurator module
- Master Scheduling
- Capacity Planning
- MRP module
- Sub-Contract module
- Sales Order Entry
- Repetitive Manufacturing
- Executive level overview
- BOM construction detail
- Setting up GL Accounts
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Crystal reports
- Purge and Archive Manager (PAM)
- Alert Manager
- Lot and Serial Number Control
Click here for a 1 page word document on education and training for later review. After download, look in lower left of screen then please click "Enable Editing" to view in normal mode.
To start the education and training process please contact us at:
Phone: 727 642-4677